The Sunshine Blogger Awards involves some of the Top UK Bloggers. I have been very honoured to have been nominated by littletinkablee who has a fab blog around lifestyle and mental health. Well worth popping over to her site!
What you have to do…
- Thank the person who nominated you and don’t forget to link back to their site
- Answer the 11 questions asked by your nominators
- Nominate at least 11 more bloggers for the award
- Write 11 new, creative questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees via social media or by commenting on their blog
- Lastly, List the rules and display The SunShine Blogger Award logo on your site or in your post – I have created my own!
So the questions that the lovely @tinkableeblog has asked me to answer are below.
- What Personality trait has gotten you the most in trouble? It has to be my stubbornness. Like I will not let something go if I know it is wrong. Hence my posts around no spend and zero waste. I hate people thinking that going green has to cost the earth, so I show people how to get around it in a frugal way!
2. If you had to pick a new name for yourself, what would you pick? I love my middle name – Elizabeth as my first name is Alex I can be mistaken for a man. Especially as I am an electrician by trade and, sadly this is still rare.
3. What’s the most courageous thing you’ve ever done? I used to think training to be an electrician was pretty courageous but now I realise that starting my blog was the hardest thing. It is tough to keep your head up and compete with some of the top UK bloggers we have, but I am happy to just be in the same sphere as some of the guys I will link to below!
4. Would you rather be laughing uncontrollably for the rest of your life or uncontrollably crying? I think when I am not feeling depressed I am pretty much laughing all day anyway! So I will go with laughing uncontrollably!!
5. If you could ask your pet 3 questions, what would they be? We have five Degus. We started with two boys, but Pinky gave birth one Christmas, much to the shock and disgust of The Brain. Both of them turned out to be girls and we have now got an extra two boys and one daughter. So I would ask why was The Brain so upset when Pinky gave birth? I would ask Gillian why she mistook my finger for a pecan in its shell the other day. Then I would ask them why they have to flick their poop so far!!
6. What’s a great book you’ve read recently? This is a tough one, but rather geekily it is the IET Guidance Notes for Electric Vehicles. I have just qualified to install and see this as the new technology of our generation.
7. If your life was a movie, what songs would be on the sound track? I love Hakuna Matata from The Lion King. It sums me up a lot and we loved our time in Tanzania so it reminds us of that as well!
8. As a child, what did you wish to become when you grew up? I used to want to write books on craft and clever little ideas. So now my blog is my childhood dream come true!
9. Which is better – A novel or a movie? Not as easy a question as you might think as I love Discworld and am really looking forward to the adaptation of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman’s Good Omens. However if they do not talk in the exact way I imagine they should it will kill me!
10. If Mars was liveable, would you accept a one-way ticket there? No, I get seasick just sitting on a boat in the harbour so I think that a trip to Mars would make me so ill!
11. What’s one pet peeve of yours that you wish that you could get rid of – because it hampers your enjoyment of life? The idea that small steps don’t make a difference. Plant that tree, walk the one mile journey, avoid the single use plastic, say no to chemical pesticides. I wish people would stop feeling so powerless!
Top UK Bloggers
This is the tough bit as I think there are so many bloggers I have linked with and benefitted from during my first year. So picking top UK bloggers only would limit my range too much! The blogging community is international!
I would like to nominate;
Amy over at FamilyEdventures for her relentless enthusiasm and generosity to her subscribers.
I also love the great work over at f00dventures – great recipes with easy to follow nutritional advice, it pays to listen to a registered dietitian.
I would also like to thank AbsolutelyTrueConfessions for all of her support from the very beginning, I am in no doubt that she is one of the kindest bloggers out there!
If you are looking for an inspiring role model let me introduce you to Jenni from HousewifeHustle !
If you love sustainable and affordable pop on over to LittleMillHouse
For more gorgeous garden ideas I would recommend CrazyOrganicMama
I cover a little section about finances, however TheFrugalFellow has so many more ideas and tricks! Or you could also check out TheRayJourney who is equally fab and inspiring!
For some seriously interesting articles on all things green you will enjoy SmartMoneyGreenPlanet and all the work she does.
I am a sucker for this wonderful lady – ThePreppingWife as she has great recipes with easy to follow instructions as well as good practical advice along the way!
For a slightly different blog check out Frantasmagoria lots of gruesome and ghostly reviews and stories!
Questions for my bloggers
- what animal would you like to be?
- where would you like to visit again from any past trips?
- Who influenced your career decisions?
- what has been your biggest fear conquered?
- What is your favourite thing that ‘money can’t buy’?
- how would you describe your blog?
- what would you do differently on reflection?
- What is the best wish you have for the future generations?
- when did you decide to give blogging a go?
- How do you stay focused on your blogging goals?
- Where do you see your blog in five years time?
So a big thank you to LittleTinkablee for the nomination and please do all follow the fabulous accounts above!